Dr. Michael Leiter
The impact moves people away from an exhausted, cynical, discouraged existence to be energetic, involved, and effective. His approach encourages flexibility, understanding, and responsiveness from both parties in this relationship: individuals and organizations. The approach makes a difference in employees’ engagement. He contributes as a keynote speaker and symposium participant in international conferences on engagement and burnout. This involvement keeps him at the cutting edge of ideas on work: its emotional impact, its potential for fulfillment, its crises, and its joys.
- Professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology at Deakin University in the Faculty of Health and Canada Research Chair in Occupational Health at Acadia University.
- Enjoys being highlighted as a keynote speaker and symposium participant in international conferences on engagement and burnout
- Favorite initiatives have focused on improving the quality of worklife through enhancing the level of civility and respect among colleagues.
- Has a passion for designing workplace interventions to positively impact workplace engagement
- Author of numerous books, including his most recent with Christina Maslach entitled “The Burnout Challenge” which was named in the top 10 business books for 2023.
- Enjoys traveling with his wife to exotic locations and being able to work remotely.